Woohoo Award! I’m surprised I got one of these since my blog is such a jumble of nonsense I don’t really know what kind of value my blogging audience gets out of my posts, but I’m really grateful! I was nominated by Skyscraper…in Pumps who was one of my first followers when I switched over to wordpress from blogger and I’ve thoroughly enjoyed following her back (and I love her blog title). Here’s the synopsis of the Award:
The Liebster Blog Award is given to bloggers by bloggers. It is a way of acknowledging each other and is for blogs with 200 or less followers. This is also a great way to spread the word about smaller blogs and get them more readers and followers!
When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you. You pass the award onto 11 other blogs (make sure you tell them you nominated them!) and ask them 11 questions. You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated you!
Well, being that I don’t have 11 blogs I read on a regular basis, it’s gonna be kind of tough to nominate 11 other blogs, but here are a few that I follow and enjoy. (I’m sorry if I left out someone I follow: either you’ve recently received this award (or I’ve nominated you for a similar award before and I’m unsure on how many times you can nominate one blog) or I accidently overlooked your blog. I like all the blogs I follow or I wouldn’t be following them 🙂 ) I just used parentheses inside of parentheses. That’s how I roll…
Life in Joyful Juxtaposition my sister who not so long ago made the plunge into blogging. Her posts are inspiring and humbling with a large dose of humor. A must read I’d recommend to anyone.
2% Mom I started following this blogger before I got pregnant (after the preggo news I started looking at a lot more mommy blogs). Her posts are usually short and poignant and range from funny anecdotes to thoughtful commentary to recipes.
Birmingham Bell is another mommy blog and one of the most recent ones I’ve started following. Most of her entries are short, sweet, and to the point and chalk full of a variety of pictures of her life as a Birmingham Bell with a toddler and baby #2 on the way.
AtlantaMomofThree is yet another great mommy blog, and she homeschools which I’d like to do, so I really enjoy her posts. Her blog is a wealth of information that I love to read to get ideas about life being a mom.
I’d also like to recommend both of my older sister’s blogs: Friffle Thoughts and Reading Today, though it’s up to her if she wants to do this Award since I think she’s had one recently. But y’all should follow her blogs anyway 🙂
11 Things About Me
1. I hate shopping.
2. I like guns and weapons, but I haven’t had much time lately to enjoy them. Guess I gotta pack them up for a bit when the Potato arrives…
3. I thoroughly enjoy Russian literature. Voluntarily. I’ve read Tolstoy and Dostoevesky many, many times, and I’m happily embarking on a translation of Pushkin’s Eugene Onegin.
4. Benedryl and Nyquil make me hyper, Dayquil knocks me out like a Ruffie.
5. I always order Extra Hot Fudge on a hot fudge sundae and I never eat all of the fudge. But I have to order extra.
6. I still have a baby tooth.
7. I enjoy being barefoot, pregnant, and in the kitchen, haha
8. As a kid I used to draw on the walls/furniture and then sign my little sister’s name so she would get in trouble. I even mimicked her hand writing. She somehow still puts up with me.
9. I’m excited about the chance of Potato being born on my birthday 🙂 (Due date April 30th, Birthday May 2nd)
10. My husband has been in the military for almost four years and I have yet to shop at the PX or go to an FRG meeting or even an on post “family function” picnic/fair/mandatory party/etc. Working night shifts had a definite plus!
11. I don’t like mascots or puppets. I’m not phobic or anything, I just find them creepy and would rather avoid them. Mascots worse than puppets.
11 Questions For Me
Go back and read your first WordPress blog – describe it in three words. “All About Remus.”
– If you could have any food in massive quantities with no caloric or dietary consequences, what would you choose? Bad question to ask a pregnant lady, right now it’d probably be Papa John’s cheese sticks. Or beef stroganoff (homemade). Or maybe Raisen Bran…
– If you had your choice of any animal as an exotic pet, what would you choose and what would you name it? A Hedgehog! And I’d have to see it before I named it, waited to see if it developed a cute little hedgehog personality.
– Friends and Family Game Night is Friday. What are we playing? Um, whatever you feel like? Games and I don’t get along, so I’ll probably be sitting off to one side with one, or both, of my sisters watching everyone else duke it out 🙂
– Given unlimited capital investment, what is the one invention you would patent? At the moment, a doggie airfreshner. A tiny little freshner that can clip on to the base of the tail and purifies farts before they get a chance to stink.
– If you could make a swear word “acceptable”, which one would you choose? Eh, I think it’d be more fun to bring back some old swear words. Like, “Egads!” or “cad” “knave” “strumpet”, etc.
– Your dream job in a perfect world? It would change every 6 months, rotating through a few so I wouldn’t get bored. On the list would be Paramedic, book editor, arts and crafts teacher, and painter. If I could get paid to puzzle I’d do that one, too.
– Celebrity you would most like to share coffee and closets with? Hmmm, I don’t really pay much attention to celebrities and I don’t like coffee. I’m gonna have to pass on this one, sorry, I’m out of the celebrity loop.
– Favorite color in the 96 count box of Crayola (come on, we all had one)? Robin egg’s blue.
– Weirdest piece of memorabilia your parents saved from your childhood and showed you as an adult? Haha, these are good questions! But my mom isn’t much on saving random stuff, she has a box of my old drawings and crafts but they’re pretty ordinary. She did paint around the colored pastel sketch of horses in my old walk in closet instead of painting over it. I guess thats weird.
– Thing you find yourself most tempted to blog about, but you know it wouldn’t be worth reading? Brian and I’s conversations. I think we’re probably the only ones who find them amusing 🙂
11 Questions for the nominated bloggers
– What is your favorite state shape and why?
– If you were a color, what color do you think you’d be?
– Did using highlighters help you study in school?
– As a child, did you have one movie that you watched repetitivly to the annoyance of everyone else in your family? If yes, what movie?
– What’s your favorite crafty thing to do?
– What chore do you detest the most?
– Have you ever honked at someone in a drive through?
– What is your least favorite Christmas Carol? (Mine is “Do you hear what I hear?”)
– Why did you start blogging?
– Have you ever adopted a stray pet? If yes, give the back story. If no, do you think you ever would?
– If you had a super power, what would it be and why?
Whew! I think I’m done. Thanks again to Skyscraper in Pumps, I really appreciate it! Sorry I took so long finishing up the post, it took me awhile to think up random things about me and more questions.